Glenn Locke, the owner of Functional Food safety is a food industry veteran.
With beginnings in the meat industry, Glenn Locke has worked in a variety of public & private sector roles.
Glenn is a HACCP and Food Safety Program specialist with 16 years of experience as an Audit and Compliance Officer in the NSW Food Authority.
Glenn’s other interests include beekeeping, horses and volunteering with the NSW Rural Fire Service.
- Meat – Abattoirs, (red meat and poultry) meat processors, retail butchers, knackeries, game meat, assessment of meat safety officers.
- Animal Welfare – Red meat & poultry.
- Dairy – Dairy farms, dairy factories, dairy processing plants, milk vendors.
- Seafood – Fishing vessels and seafood processors.
- Shellfish – Oyster farming, harvesting and processing, wild shellfish harvesting.
- Plant products – Fresh cut salad, sprouts, and unpasteurised juice.
- Vulnerable populations – Aged care and hospitals.
- Eggs – Poultry farms, egg production and processing.
- Food Microbiology – Listeria, Salmonella, E. coli, Campylobacter.
- Food Wholesalers and manufacturers.
- Food retail
- HACCP and food safety systems.
- Meat Inspection – Associate Diploma in Stock and Meat Inspection -Queensland Agricultural College
- Food Technology – Associate Diploma of Applied Science (Food Technology) – Moorabbin College of TAFE
- Auditing -Auditor/Lead auditor/Senior Auditor – SGS Australia
- Cook/chill and heat treatment processes – Audit a Cook Chill Process – SGS Australia
- Ready to eat products – Audit a heat treatment process – Advancing Food Safety
- Smallgoods – Smallgoods Production – TAFE NSW
- Bivalve/mulluscs -Audit bivalve mollusc growing and harvesting processes – Australian Maritime College (University of Tasmania)
- Animal Welfare – Animal Welfare Officer Skillset (Cattle, sheep, pigs, poultry) – Verto
- Animal Welfare – Animal Welfare Officer Skillset (poultry) – TAFE Queensland
- Training – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – Southern Cross Training
- Investigation -Certificate IV in Government (Investigations) – Investigation, Compliance & Enforcement Training Systems
- Exemplar Global Level 4 Auditor -Level 4 High Risk Auditor in the Competency Based National Food Safety Auditor Scheme
Contact Glenn Locke for a free consultation.