We understand food manufacturing and wholesaling.
Functional Food Safety has extensive experience in the food manufacturing and wholesaling sector.
We can develop, document and implement a HACCP based food safety program that will meet any of your customer driven or legislative requirements.
While food safety programs are not required, many of your customers may want you to have a documented food safety program that effectively controls food hazards prior to accepting your products for retail sale. We can work with you and your customers to ensure that your products meet all quality and food safety requirements.
We specialise in the identification of allergens and the associated labelling issues including:
- nuts from trees (including hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, and Brazil nuts)
- peanuts (groundnuts)
- shellfish (including shrimps, mussels, and crab)
Functional Food Safety can develop food safety plans for all types of manufacturing including:-
- bakery – bread, pies, pastries, cakes, biscuits, muffins, pizza
- cereals – rice, muesli, breakfast cereals
- fruits and vegetables – jams, jellies, marmalades, chutney, pickles, sauces, dried fruit & vegetables
- beverages – bottled water, juices, soft drinks, kumbucha, soy based drinks, alcohol
- honey – liquid, creamed, and comb
- grain & legumes – wheat, oats, rice, corn, barley, rye, millet, triticale, buckwheat, quinoa, chickpeas, beans, lentils, lupins
- sugar and confectionery – chocolate, liquorice, carob, fudge,
Our HACCP based food safety programs address:
- hygiene and handling including cleaning and sanitising of food contact surfaces, temperature control of stored and displayed foods, hygiene of food handlers, pest control, construction and maintenance of the premises, food handling practices and the safety and suitability of food sold. (Food Standards Code 3.2.2 & 3.2.3)
- labelling (Food Standards Code 1.2.1),
- allergen control (Food Standards Code 1.2.3) and
- product recall. (Food Standards Code 3.2.2)
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Food Standards Code 3.2.2 Food Safety Practices and General Requirements
Food Standards Code 3.2.3 Food Premises and Equipment